Dhruva Space is looking to hire a Principal DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Engineer who will assume a leadership role within the Company, driving the development of advanced signal processing solutions, providing technical expertise, and contributing to the strategic vision of DSP-related projects.
A Principal DSP Engineer is a senior-level position that requires not only deep technical expertise but also the ability to lead and inspire a team of engineers, drive innovation, and shape the strategic direction of DSP technology within the organization. This role is pivotal in advancing the company's DSP capabilities and contributing to its overall success.
The hired candidate will be responsible for shaping the direction of DSP technology within the company, mentoring junior engineers, and leading innovative projects.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advanced Algorithm Development: Lead the design and development of complex DSP algorithms for a range of applications, pushing the boundaries of signal processing capabilities.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical leadership and guidance to multidisciplinary teams, including engineers, researchers, and project managers, to ensure successful project execution.
- Innovation: Spearhead research efforts to identify and implement state-of-the-art DSP techniques, staying at the forefront of industry advancements.
- System Architecture: Define and oversee the architecture of DSP systems, including hardware and software components, ensuring scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Code Review and Optimization: Review and optimize DSP code developed by the engineering team, ensuring efficiency, maintainability, and adherence to best practices.
- Simulation and Modeling: Utilize advanced simulation tools and modeling techniques to analyze and evaluate the performance of DSP algorithms and systems.
- Signal Processing Hardware: Collaborate closely with hardware engineers to specify and integrate DSP hardware components, ensuring seamless interoperability.
- Performance Evaluation: Conduct rigorous performance analysis and testing to validate the effectiveness of DSP algorithms and systems, making necessary adjustments.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive documentation of algorithms, designs, and development processes, facilitating knowledge sharing and future development.
- Problem Solving: Tackle complex technical challenges related to signal processing, including debugging, testing, and troubleshooting hardware and software components.
- Mentorship: Mentor and coach junior engineers, fostering skill development, knowledge transfer, and a culture of innovation.
- Vendor interactions: Work with vendors on developing hardware and software for projects related to radio applications.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with leadership to define the long-term DSP strategy, identify new business opportunities, and contribute to product roadmaps.